Samstag, 19. Dezember 2009

Suburban State Of Mind

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorEconomy


Ich bin dabei ein paar shiny posts vorzubereiten. Geduld, Geduld.* Bis dahin kann ich nur dieses Video von Colberts super-fantastischem Auftritt mit Alicia Keys anbieten. Das ist nicht das erste Mal, dass Colbert mit seinen Gästen zusammen singt. Aber ich würde sagen, das ist sein bisher bester Auftritt. Der Song groovt einem die Socken von den Füßen und Colberts Vorstadtversion schmeißt mich jedes Mal wieder vom Stuhl. Ja. Ich bin süchtig nach dieser Performance! Ina Müller, take note!

Hier ist der "Empire State Of Mind"-Alternativtext zu Colberts Vorstadterfahrungen:

I love New York, King of all the Cities Lived up by the Guggenheim,
’til I got some kiddies
Moved to Connecticut, ‘bye George Pataki
Volvo to the dry-cleaners, pickin’ up my khakis
Shoppin’ mall is close, my community is gated
My shorties are all private school educated
Home theater system, 60-inch plasma
Clean suburban air, much better for my asthma
Still hit the city, Times Square, keep it real
Hard Rock Cafe for the appetizer deal
M&M Store, Disney Store, I’m in heaven
I own this town from 41st to 47th
Take you to The Lion King, that show is fantastic
Leave half an hour early so I can beat the traffic
I can get home really fast, driver rocks an E-Z Pass
Land of cheaper gas and the upper middle class






* Yep... Selbstgespräch.

Keine Kommentare: